Here you can read the latest news on Plague Inc. and other Ndemic Creations games
Ndemic Creations is looking for another technical
genius to join forces with us and help us with the next stage of global
This is an opportunity for a passionate and talented programmer to become a key part of our team and use their skills to their full potential.
You can find the full description of what we are looking for - along with contact details here.
About the company:
Ndemic Creations is a small, global indie game studio dedicated to making premium strategy games for mobile. Its first game was the global hit – Plague Inc. the 15th most downloaded paid game and one of the top 100 grossing apps of 2012 in the US. To date – over 200 million games of Plague Inc. have been played.
This is just the beginning! Who we are looking for:
Ndemic Creations is looking for another technical genius to join forces with us and help us with the next stage of global domination!
We want a talented and passionate C++ programmer with experience in games to help us improve and extend Plague Inc. as well as work on future games.
You will have full ownership and responsibility for major technical parts of the game and be involved in all aspects of game development (if you want to be). You will work directly with the games designer and collaborate with our existing programmer as required. Activities
- Implementing new game mechanics/UI in Plague Inc.
- Adding new features to the Plague engine
- Future – programming new game
- Optional – designing tools (e.g. debugging, profiling, web services), porting
What we are offering:
- Demonstrable 3+ years experience with C++ game programming (or smaller, but interesting projects)
- Experience in OpenGL (or DirectX and willing to learn OpenGL) (fixed-pipeline)
- Vector (2D) and general math skills
- Ability to read and understand code written by others
- Flexibility and able to work independently with a strong work ethic
- Passionate about producing exceptionally high quality games
- (helpful) Experience with Objective-C or iOS development
- (helpful) Multi-platform development experience (windows, linux and mac)
- (helpful) Able to work from London based office
About the existing team:
- Make a difference and be part of something exciting. This is your opportunity to use your technical skills to your full potential and see your work enjoyed by millions of people all over the world.
- Industry leading compensation package (inc. profit share on games / stock options)
- Flexible employment structure – freelancer or employee
- James Vaughan – CEO and Founder. Created Ndemic Creations in order to make games that he really wanted to play. Producer, Game Designer and everything else…
- Mario Hros – programmer. In charge of the game engine, UI, server stuff, advising James on code and everything else technical.
- Sofia – graphics. Joshua – sound
Ndemic Creations in the news:
If you are excited by the sound of this – then get in touch with your details/projects: jobs at ndemiccreations com
The Necroa Virus update went live on the App Store this week - if you haven't tried it yet, then update your game now to start infecting the world with zombies!
The update will be coming to Google Play the week of the 11th March and to the Amazon App Store shortly after that. (Android takes a bit longer due to testing requirements)
IGN do a video walkthrough of the Necroa Virus
The full update notes are below:
Plague Inc. Mutation 5 discovered – The Necroa Virus expansion pack
1. Special Necroa Virus plague type added, an aggressive, unknown virus with ‘extreme regenerative abilities’.
- Prepare for a new, apocalyptic challenge with radical new gameplay, strategy, evolutions and graphics.
- Use active abilities like ‘Zombie Horde’ in the battle against Z Com – humanity’s last defense against the dead!
- Customise your Necroa Virus with 5 new genes
2. Key user interface enhancements:
- New population percentage bar helps you see the status of a country.
- DNA animation now shows how much DNA you are collecting.
3. Plague Inc. is now available in Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian. It will detect your language automatically (or you can change language manually in settings (More languages coming soon!)
4. New events, news and achievements – can you discover the origin of the Necroa Virus
5. Performance improvements for all devices
6. Minor game balance / AI improvements / bug fix
Good news – the Plague Inc. mutation (update) 5 is almost upon us and the Necroa Virus will soon be infecting millions of people near you! It will be available to play on iOS on the 26th Feb and on Android a week or two after that (assuming testing goes smoothly)
Whilst we wait, here are 6 games made by other people which I am really enjoying at the moment and recommend to you! 1. Battle of the Bulge
A wonderfully deep and complex turn based strategy game which oozes historical information. A boardgame at heart, this game uses technology to automate all the number crunching and allows the player to enjoy all the benefits of a complex rule set without any of the hassle. Has a great AI to play against but the real fun starts when you get into the multiplayer (same device and online). At $9.99 – it is more expensive than most games but well worth it if you like this kind of game.
Get this if you like deep, complex, turn based, strategy/board games with lots of rules http://bit.ly/W6xn5q
A local multiplayer game – this is one of the best examples of a trend that is going to be big in the next few years. Friends all together using technology to interact and have fun in a way that is just not possible without technology! This bizarre and hard to explain game is multiplayer only and brilliant fun for groups. (2-8 people) Each player has their own iDevice and must call out instructions to other players whilst listening out for their own instructions. Games rapidly produce lots of shouting and laughing. The game is free so there is no excuse not to try it – seriously, find a friend and download this now
Get this if you have a friend with an iDevice and like to have funhttp://bit.ly/YF7fLe
A multiplayer, strategic word game that sees you making words to conquer a board. I love this game because there is no random element – it is a pure battle of intellect and you can’t hide behind an excuse of ‘bad luck’. The asynchronous online multiplayer works great and the only thing it lacks is ‘pass and play’ mode. It’s free with a useful purchase inside the game to unlock the full version (which I recommend getting)
Get this if you like word games and are bored of ‘words with friends’ http://bit.ly/138gM35
4. Castle Raid
This is a great lighthearted, realtime strategy game due to its same device multiplayer (best played on iPad) Collect resources and build troops in an effort to destroy your enemy’s castle (also has a single player mode to help you learn). Requires thought, co-ordination and multi-tasking. Easy to learn but has a surprising amount of depth in it as you try to outstrategise your opponent. Costs $1.99 and worth every penny (cent :P)
Get this if you and a friend want a quick competitive game to play on the same iPad http://bit.ly/13ohTY6
Another local multiplayer game – this clever game involves you and a friend using your hands to touch certain parts of the ipad for a specific time. Requires a lot of finger agility , co-ordination and ‘hand contact’. Costs $1.99 and is particularly suited to couples IMO.
Get this game if you are with someone and want to get closer to them… http://bit.ly/15yITIs
A sophisticated multiplayer only turn based game which is a bit like a complex version of chess(but not really as it has fog of war, resources and lets you spawn more pieces.)The game has fantastic production values with brilliant graphics and sound. No single player but the pass and play / online asynchronous multiplayer are all you need. It’s free to download and you can buy other (asymmetric) teams inside the game if you want.
Get this game if you like strategic, turn based multiplayer games http://bit.ly/W6xA8y
I hope you enjoy them!
Disclaimer: All the games above absolutely did not pay me $532,985 each into my Swiss bank account to get included on this list
What a year Plague Inc. and Ndemic Creations have had!
The release of Plague Inc. in May was an unbelievable success thanks to the support of players, going from unknown to #1 paid app in just 5 days.
Since then, it has launched on Android, sold millions of copies, is one of the highest rated games on the App Store and has never left the top charts.
I'm very proud to say that Plague Inc. was the 15th most popular paid iPhone game on the App Store in 2012!
- The Game of the Year awards that Plague Inc. won
- The most interesting Plague Inc. articles from 2012
- The status of Mutation 5
- Plans for the future
Follow the link
for the whole report:
Good news everyone!
Plague Inc. has arrived on the Amazon App Store
just in time for Christmas. This means that you can now infect the world on the Kindle Fire and the Kindle Fire HD.
In other news:
- Plague Inc. on Google Play now supports german
- The Necroa Virus (zombie mutation) is coming along nicely and will be released late January
Plague Inc. continues to do fantastically - it recently passed the 2 million download mark on the Apple App Store, has been downloaded millions of times on Google Play and over 700,000 games are played each day!
It is one of the most significant mobile success stories of 2012. Thanks so much to all the players for your support - couldn't have done it without you all :)
If you ever wanted to know what the most popular disease names are as well as some other cool facts - then stop wondering and start finding out by checking this article out:
The update is almost done now and extremely cool! It will add:
- A zombie plague type with radically different gameplay, graphics etc
- New achievements, events, genes
- Lots of smaller improvements and tweaks
- Localisation in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and French
I will release some pictures in the next few days. When finished - it should be available on both iOS and Android at pretty much the same time
- Bring Plague Inc. to the Amazon App store (Kindle Fire HD etc)
- Translate Plague Inc. into more languages
- Work on Mutation 6
- Bring Plague Inc. to PC, Mac, Console and Windows phone
- Make a better website (!)
Hope you found this interesting - follow me on twitter / facebook for more debriefs and updates.
Apple device players can now get the 1.4 update free from the App Store
1. Genetic Modification now possible – discover genes as you play and insert them into your genetic code. Customise your play style by giving your plague strengths, weaknesses and all new capabilities
2. Plague Inc. is now available in German. It will detect your language automatically (or you can change language manually in settings (More languages coming soon!)
3. Performance improvements for all devices
4. Full iOS 6 compatibility – can now share your plague with friends via Twitter/Facebook
5. Minor game balance / AI improvements
(note: old saves will not work with the update)
We are now hard at work on the next update which will add zombies, make use of the new iPhone 5 screen size, support more languages and much more!
In case you missed it, the official Plague Inc. cinematic trailer was released a few weeks ago. (link
). This was partly to celebrate the launch of Plague Inc. on Android devices (link
) but more importantly – to say thank you to all the millions of players and fans who have supported Plague Inc so far on its incredible journey.
I have had quite a few people ask me how I came up with the idea of the trailer, how it was made etc so I have decided to write a (monster) article to cover the concept and the collaborative effort that it took from lots of people to make it a reality.
Follow the link for the whole story