Legal Information for Rebel Inc: Scenario Creator
Terms & Conditions
The Scenario Creator is a program that allows you to create and edit custom levels, maps, scenarios or other materials ('Scenarios') for use in connection with Rebel Inc.
This document will change and evolve over time as new situations arise / questions are asked. Updates to this document will be posted on the Ndemic Creations website and take effect 30 days afterwards (during that time you're welcome to raise any comments/queries with us).
Scenario Creator key ground rules
We want you to be free to create whatever you want, but at the same time we do have to set a few ground rules:
- Be respectful of other people's copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights — don't use materials that do not belong to you.
- Make high quality content that you are proud of (and that you would be happy to share with your parents :P) It must not bring the game into disrepute.
- Do not claim that your Scenario is 'official' or endorsed by Ndemic Creations.
- Do not mislead/deceive people.
- Scenarios are for personal use or free public use. You are not allowed to make commercial use of Scenarios or the Scenario Creator- which means no making money from them. (The sole exception to this is the monetization of 'let's play' videos which IS allowed.)
- Do not hack, cheat, exploit, reverse engineer, disassemble or seek to cause any harm in relation to, Rebel Inc. Scenarios or the Scenario Creator.
- Other Scenario creators must have the full right and ability to innovate and create new content from your Scenario if they want to.
Featuring, Moderation and Removal
At its sole discretion, Ndemic Creations may choose to highlight, discuss, feature or distribute high quality Scenarios for a time. If so — we will identify you as the creator of the Scenario and try to inform you.
Ndemic Creations can moderate and/or remove any Scenario at any time at its sole discretion. It may also take action against the creator of the content if necessary.
Use of User Content / Third Party Content in Scenarios
You represent and warrant that neither the content you use to create any Scenarios, nor the compilation, arrangement or display of such content (collectively, the 'User Content'), infringes or will infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. You further represent and warrant that you will not use or contribute User Content that is unlawful, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of the privacy of another.
If you find a scenario which infringes any of the above - please report them so that we can investigate them and take appropriate action. You can report content by selecting it and pressing 'report' or 'flag'.
Ndemic Creations will always endeavour to fairly credit players who have made scenarios. That said, Rebel Inc., the Scenario Creator and all scenarios are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Ndemic Creations. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby assign to Ndemic Creations all of your rights, title and interest in and to all scenarios, and agree that you will execute future assignments promptly upon receiving such a request from Ndemic Creations.
If an assignment is not possible, either locally or woridwide, you hereby grant to Ndemic Creations an exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, unlimited right to use the Scenarios temporally and geographically for any purpose, and in any way. This granting of rights includes, but is not limited to, the right to reproduce, distribute and publish the Scenarios and to make the Scenarios available to the public with the possibility of third parties to use, edit or modify the Scenarios. The right to use the Scenarios includes all types of uses unknown at the time of granting the rights. It is granted for an indefinite period of time and without any territorial restrictions. The right may be assigned or sublicensed to third parties by Ndemic Creations without any restrictions."));